Summertime means more of us are heading to the pool, lake, ocean, or river to relax and have fun. Unfortunately, these activities can lead to accidents and injury. Summer also brings increases in heat-related illness and teen driving accidents, according to PC260.com.
It is also important to have a personal insurance review to make sure all your summer activities are covered. For example, if you have purchased a boat, you may need a separate watercraft policy. In addition, if you have installed a pool you will need to add that risk to your homeowner’s policy. We want you to have an enjoyable and safe summer, so here are some reminders about summertime safety.
Some of the Top Summer Risks
· River water can be very cold, especially as the early snowmelt flows downriver. Even if it is 100 degrees outside, the river water temperatures can be very cold.
· If you are planning foreign travel, remember to check travel advisories. Also, be sure you have all your medical issues managed correctly. Check with your health insurer, as many will not provide coverage in foreign countries.
· Don’t forget your pets. Summer heat can affect your pets, so make sure they are not left in vehicles or in homes during long heat waves.
· When you are on the water, do not mix drinking and watercraft driving. Verify that you have life vests for everyone and keep life vests on all children all the time.
· Heat stress is one of the most common illnesses during summertime. The risk of getting skin cancer is much higher among people who sunbathe, and especially those who have experienced multiple sunburns.
· Barbecues and fire related risks increase during the summer. Always keep children away for open fires, and keep barbecues away from buildings.
· When riding your bike we recommend you always use a helmet.
Your call into Innovative Insurance may be monitored and recorded. We may collect financial, historical, internal, external, social, and tracking information about you in order to provide service. Innovative Insurance is committed to safeguarding consumer personal information and only using data in a manner that is compliant and is necessary for servicing or better understanding customers and potential customers. We take pride in being transparent about how personal information is collected and used. We don't sell consumer personal information to third parties for financial gain.