The holiday season is filled with fun, parties, food, gifts, overeating and unfortunately some risk. One of the fasted growing risks for many people are stolen packages by porch pirates. According to proopertycasualtiy360, over 26 million packages are stolen during the holiday season. Need more bad news?
Your homeowners or renter’s insurance generally may not cover this loss as it tends to be under your deductible. There could be coverage if you have personal property off premises insurance. Also for theft coverage to apply generally, you need proof of loss by a broker indoor, etc.
Call our office for a review of your homeowner’s insurance, as each policy is unique to your circumstances.
Things To Do
• Delivery confirmation is a good way to prove the package was delivered.
• Thieves will follow delivery trucks, waiting for the perfect target.
• These thieves commonly strike during working hours as many homes are empty at that time.
• You can insure your packages.
• Consider having a person there when the delivery is scheduled.
• Install a security camera.
High Tech Solutions
There are a few high tech solutions to consider.
• Amazon Key, which has a fairly simple premise: When a delivery arrives at your house, and you’re not home, the courier scans a barcode that sends a request to Amazon’s cloud. If it’s approved Amazon remotely unlocks your door and starts recording video through the online retailer’s Cloud Cam.
• Install a front door camera. Many shippers will not replace the item with this kind of device.
What To Do If A Package Is Stolen
• Track your package. Check the delivery confirmation and tracking number.
• Make sure a neighbor did not pick it up for you.
• Contact the seller. Different retailers have different policies and processes for handling stolen items, but usually, you are entitled to a refund or a replacement item.
• File a claim with the shipping company.
• Check your Credit Cards for Purchase Protection.
We are committed to providing clients with the highest quality insurance plans available combined with some of the lowest possible rates. Whether you are shopping for auto insurance, home insurance, life or business insurance, we can help you obtain the best coverage available with the lowest rate possible.
Having the right auto coverage is not as easy as it sounds, and choosing the wrong coverages and limits could lead to financial disaster. Our team is prepared to help you find the right combination of coverage, price and service.
You can’t afford to risk unpredictable forces and let this critical investment go unguarded. We offer several forms of coverage to suit all kinds of situations. We’ll build a policy shaped around your specifications. Please request a quote or contact us to learn more. Contact Innovative Insurance Services LLC today.