The holiday season is filled with fun, parties, food, gifts, overeating, and, unfortunately, some risk. One of the fasted growing risks for many people is stolen packages by porch pirates. According to propertycasualty360, over 26 million packages are stolen during the holiday season. Need more bad news?
Your homeowners or renters insurance generally may not cover this loss as it tends to be under your deductible. Also, for theft coverage to apply generally, you need proof of loss by a broker indoor, etc.
Call our office for a review of your homeowner’s insurance, as each policy is unique to your circumstances.
Things To Do
• Delivery confirmation is a good way to prove the package was delivered.
• Thieves will follow delivery trucks, waiting for the perfect target.
• These thieves commonly strike during working hours as many homes are empty at that time.
• You can insure your packages.
• Consider having a person there when the delivery is scheduled.
• Install a security camera.
What To Do If A Package Is Stolen
• Track your package. Check the delivery confirmation and tracking number.
• Make sure a neighbor did not pick it up for you.
• Contact the seller. Different retailers have different policies and processes for handling stolen items, but usually, you are entitled to a refund or a replacement item.
• File a claim with the shipping company.
• Check your Credit Cards for Purchase Protection.
Your call into Innovative Insurance may be monitored and recorded. We may collect financial, historical, internal, external, social, and tracking information about you in order to provide service. Innovative Insurance is committed to safeguarding consumer personal information and only using data in a manner that is compliant and is necessary for servicing or better understanding customers and potential customers. We take pride in being transparent about how personal information is collected and used. We don't sell consumer personal information to third parties for financial gain.