The COVID-19 pandemic has affected how businesses operate in a significant way. Many businesses are requiring people to work remotely. Employers are now finding that having employees work remotely is the new normal.
COVID-19 has forced commercial businesses to become more dependent on the internet. This new normal now requires special procedure and policies to protect your organization, its data, and network. When workers feel secure, you can nurture productivity and enhance collaboration.
Here are some safety tips to safeguard against Cyber attacks:
· Verify the source of the email by checking the ‘From’ field to validate the sender. Phishing emails will appear to send you an email from a trusted source but in reality, they are spoofing the “from” address.
· Make sure employees never use unsecured or public networks.
· Install the latest cyber security programs.
· Pay very close attention to the domain name of the websites you visit or that are revealed in embedded links in communications you receive.
· Never open email attachments that end with: .exe, .scr, .bat, .com or other executable files you do not recognize.
· Don’t click embedded links in messages without hovering your mouse over them first to check the URL and verify the domain is safe/secure.
· Do not respond or reply to spam in any way. Delete the message and then delete it again from your deleted folder.
The right combination of tools and human insight would prevent catastrophic results. These tools don’t need to be sophisticated to analyze valuable data.
We can provide your firm with the right combination of pricing and coverage. Cyber risk insurance is available at very reasonable premiums. Many of our companies offer coverage to help protect your business from loss.
As an independent insurance agency we are affiliated with multiple industry-leading companies. It is these partnerships that allow us to provide our clients with better coverage at a competitive price. Our staff is knowledgeable and committed to providing a quality customer service experience to our valued clients.
Your call into Innovative Insurance may be monitored and recorded. We may collect financial, historical, internal, external, social, and tracking information about you in order to provide service. Innovative Insurance is committed to safeguarding consumer personal information and only using data in a manner that is compliant and is necessary for servicing or better understanding customers and potential customers. We take pride in being transparent about how personal information is collected and used. We don't sell consumer personal information to third parties for financial gain.