Are you dashing through the snow to grandma’s house? Do silver bells keep ringing in your ear? If you are getting into the Christmas spirit, remember your homeowner’s insurance can play an important role in helping keep your home a warm and safe place for the Holidays.
With a little preventive action and a solid home insurance policy, those risks can fade into the background, allowing you to enjoy these next few weeks to the fullest.
Now is a good time to review your personal insurance policies, making sure they’re up to snuff. While many of your risks are probably covered, a few might not be as explained below.
Here are some examples of some crazy Holiday related insurance claims:
· A man was going to clean his pool for a Holiday party, and carried the bleach from the front of his home to the back. He did not realize the lid was partially open and bleach dripped all over the carpet.
· The Smith family put up a nice big Christmas tree in their family room. They instructed their daughter to water the tree every day. Their daughter did just that, but there was a hole in the Christmas tree stand and the water leaked all over their hardwood floors.
· Parents from Washington wanted to surprise their kids with a 65-inch TV. They hid it in the garage with a tarp over it. One of the kids accidentally put the car in drive instead of reverse and ran into the hidden TV.
· A family tied their fresh Christmas tree to the top of the car and headed home. A short while later, the tree came loose and hit the car behind them.
· A local family decided to use a deep fryer to cook the Christmas turkey. The men all gathered in the garage and dropped the frozen bird in hot grease. The result was a totally destroyed garage an ruined Holiday.
Your call into Innovative Insurance may be monitored and recorded. We may collect financial, historical, internal, external, social, and tracking information about you in order to provide service. Innovative Insurance is committed to safeguarding consumer personal information and only using data in a manner that is compliant and is necessary for servicing or better understanding customers and potential customers. We take pride in being transparent about how personal information is collected and used. We don't sell consumer personal information to third parties for financial gain.