Decorating The Safe Way in 2018
We are nearing the holiday season and most people are getting ready for the “Griswold family Christmas”. But remember, putting up holiday decorations cause thousands of injuries each year. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that last year emergency rooms treated over 15,000 injuries involving holiday decorating.
Keep These Safety Tips In Mind
- Never stand on the top level of any ladder.
- Place the ladder on firm and level ground. Having a person hold the ladder at the bottom can also help stabilize it, but only allow one person on the ladder at a time.
- Check all the lights before you install them.
- Do not over-burden electrical outlets.
- Any decorations that look like candy or food should also be avoided because they may encourage a child to eat them.
- Turn off all indoor and outdoor holiday lighting before leaving the house or going to bed.
- Candles should only be burning within sight and kept on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
- When purchasing an artificial tree, look for the label “Fire Resistant.” This label indicates that the tree is more resistant to burning.
- Make sure all extension cords and electrical decorations used for outdoor decorating are marked for outdoor use.
- Never exceed the maximum number of strings or devices that may be linked together as indicated on decoration packaging.
Insurance specialists at Innovative Insurance Services LLC serve to help you coordinate an insurance program that determines the best coverage options for your needs – for benefits and quality discounts that help you save. What does this mean for you? By combining home and auto policies, you may be eligible to receive money-saving discounts, a guaranteed full-year policy term for your car, On Your Side® insurance protection, 24-hour Customer and Claim service, and more