Educate Your Kids about Summer Bike Safety
Summer is almost here and your kids will be out of the house playing and biking all over the neighborhood. Now is a good time to teach them about riding their bicycles in a safe manor. Your homeowner’s policy can provide coverage for bicycle theft, and some homeowner’s policies have low coverage limits for things like sporting equipment. If you own a high value bike you may want to make sure it is properly covered. Remember any loss covered will be subject you homeowner’s insurance deductible.
Bike Safety Tips
- Always have your child wear a properly fitted helmet.
- Maintain your bikes on a regular basis to be sure they are functioning properly.
- Do not get distracted. Do not listen to music or talk on the phone while bike riding.
- Whether daytime, dawn, dusk, foul weather, or at night, you need to be seen by others. Simply wearing white does not insure your visibility.
- Avoid riding at night.
- Go with the flow. Bike in the same direction as traffic.
- Obey all traffic laws. A bicycle is a vehicle, and you are a driver. When you ride in the street, obey all traffic signs, signals, and lane markings.
Call us today and let us help protect what is important to you.
Insurance specialists at Innovative Insurance Services LLC serve to help you coordinate an insurance program that determines the best coverage options for your needs – for benefits and quality discounts that help you save. What does this mean for you? By combining home and auto policies, you may be eligible to receive money-saving discounts, a guaranteed full-year policy term for your car, On Your Side® insurance protection, 24-hour Customer and Claim service, and more.