Clark Griswold's Christmas Safety Tips
December 15, 2015
We all remember the wonderful Christmas movie “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation”. The movie is a reminder of one man’s desire to have that ultimate Christmas for his family. As we move closer to the holiday season, we thought it would be good to have our “safety expert” Clark Griswold tell you what not to do during the holiday season. Keeping your home protected and safe during the holidays is important. Before the holiday fun begins, be sure your homeowner’s insurance is up to date, and follow Clark Griswold’s safety tips.
Clark Griswold's Holiday Tips:
1. Clark suggests that you not place your Christmas tree on the top of your vehicle; especially if there is no rack.
2. When driving around during the holiday season, don’t get into a road rage fight with crazed drivers; and definitely drive safe and follow all the traffic laws.
3. When you go to the mountains for sledding, follow Cousin Eddie’s example and protect your head.
4. If you are following Clark’s lead and putting lights on your home, be sure that you use a proper ladder, don’t walk on your roof, and have a friend help you.
5. Clark had no problem with loading up one outlet with dozens of extension cords. Not a good idea. Always follow the manufacturer recommendations regarding the number of lights per outlet.
6. Cousin Eddie empties his RV’s waste container into the neighborhood sewer system which eventually becomes part of a much bigger problem. Follow local laws regarding waste management.
7. Uncle Lewis liked to smoke his cigars next to the tree. Remember to water the tree daily and don’t allow smoking near the tree.
8. Clark had a bit too much to drink and made a fool of himself on Christmas Eve. Limit drinking, and never drink and drive.
Whatever your holiday traditions are, please remember to be safe and avoid a Christmas insurance claim! At Innovative Insurance we believe our greatest asset is the relationships we build with our clients and we are dedicated to being the right choice for all of your insurance and financial needs. We take pride in our ability to tailor a comprehensive insurance package that maximizes your insurance protection while minimizing money out of your pocket.