Top Costly Workplace Injuries
If an employee is injured on the job, employers are legally liable to the employee. Workers’ compensation will even cover employees who are involved in auto accidents while away from the worksite, if the accident occurred while on the job. Workplace accidents happen every day and most could have been prevented.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) and the National Academy of Social Insurance, workplace accidents cost U.S. employers nearly $62 billion dollars every year, according to the 2016 Liberty Mutual Workplace study. The top five costly causes of loss may surprise you.
Top Five Costly Injuries
1. Overexertion -- Involving lifting, pulling, or carrying an object.
2. Trip and falls -- Employees tripping over an object or falling down stairs.
3. Struck by an object or equipment -- These involve an employee being struck and injured by a piece of equipment falling on or near them.
4. Sprains and Strains -- These motions include bending, crawling, reaching, twisting, climbing or stepping.
5. Auto Accidents -- Employees may be the driver or passenger where an accident caused injury.
• Have a pre-shift stretching program.
• Teach proper lifting techniques.
• Make sure equipment is securely attached to table or shelf.
• Make sure you have proper ladders and other devices for use.
• Require all employees to use seat belts.
• Prohibit use of any mobile device while driving.
Innovative Insurance Services LLC understands the value of good employees. We know that your day-to-day operations depend on their hard work, expertise, and dedication, and if you supply them with quality benefits and plans, they can work with the peace of mind assurance that they are properly protected. Innovative Insurance Services LLC provides insurance to businesses
in Shakopee, Savage, Prior Lake, Bloomington, Eden Prairie, Burnsville, and surrounding areas.