Common Ways People Mess Up Their Personal Insurance
Get The Right Homeowner’s And Auto Insurance
Many people often call our office with serious problems with their homeowner’s, auto or renter’s insurance. These problems often involve an accident or loss that was not covered, which could have been covered if our agency was involved. Selecting your personal insurance can be one of the most important financial decisions you make. Personal insurance is there to protect your home, family and assets from loss.
Here Are Common Ways People Mess Up Their Insurance
- They buy insurance online thinking that all insurance policies and companies are the same. Online policies require you to select the coverage. Recently, a woman bought her auto insurance online but did not click the collision box. She was in an accident and her car had $6,000 of uninsured damage. We work with our clients to help them understand coverage, and purchase the coverage that they really need.
- You sold your car to a relative, but still carry the insurance. This is a really bad idea. Often people have good intentions, but by doing this you put yourself at risk. Also, in most cases the sale may invalidate the insurance.
- A family member takes a job with Uber. Unfortunately, your auto insurance will not provide any insurance if you use your personal vehicle as a cab, commercial delivery or “for a fee” service. We can add this coverage, depending on the insurer, call our office to obtain a quote. Any other commercial usage (delivery, etc) is still not covered.
- You rent, but do not have any renter’s insurance. Even if you rent, you still may have $10,000 or more in personal property, (TV, computers, cloths, guns, etc). Renter’s insurance can protect your personal property, for very little premium.
- You do not pay premiums on time. People often think that insurance is like a utility bill and payments can be late. If payment is late, the insurance company has the right to cancel coverage.
- People buy expensive jewelry buy don’t tell the agent. If you just bought your wife a new ring, and the value is over $2,000, you will need to add it to your policy. There are limitations for jewelry, so call our office for more information.
- You started a home business. Running a home business is not automatically covered under your personal insurance. You will need to make changes to your policy.
- If you have a change of marital status you will need to make changes to your insurance. If a loss occurs after a divorce, insurance payments can take much longer to figure out.
- Don’t use your auto policy for every little scratch and dent. It will only drive up your premiums.
Call us today and let us help protect what is important to you. Insurance specialists at Innovative Insurance Services LLC serve to help you coordinate an insurance program that determines the best coverage options for your needs – for benefits and quality discounts that help you save. What does this mean for you? By combining home and auto policies, you may be eligible to receive money-saving discounts, a guaranteed full-year policy term for your car, 24-hour Claim service.