The Cold and Flu Season is Chasing You Down
Dec. 9, 2015
Believe it or not the cold and flu season is here, and getting sick can impact your business and family. Having sick employees missing work can lead to lost revenue. Vitamin C trials have shown encouraging results for reducing some cold symptoms and reducing the duration of illness; however, it hasn’t been proven to cure or prevent infection.
Preventing Colds and Flu at Work
Each year, between 5% and 20% of Americans get the flu and miss a staggering 70 million work days as a result. The indirect costs of the flu are between $3 billion to $12 billion a year according to WebMD. Cold and flu illnesses are not covered under workers’ compensation.
1. Make sure employees know it is ok to call in sick when they need to.
2. Make sure all common areas are cleaned each day.
3. Cover your mouth when you cough.
4. Have sanitary wipes and hand sanitizer placed around the office.
5. Wash hands twice a day.
Preventing Colds and Flu at Home
2. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer. If you can’t get to soap and water, sanitizer can kill cold and flu germs.
3. Get plenty of rest.
4. Eat healthy and take vitamins.
5. Keep kids home from school if they are sick.
6. Warm water and soap will kill the germs, but be sure you don’t rush. Try to wash for at least 20 seconds.
7. Regular exercise is another immune-system booster which can prevent cold bugs.
Insurance specialists at Innovative Insurance Services LLC serve to help you coordinate an insurance program that determines the best coverage options for your needs – for benefits and quality discounts that help you save.
What does this mean for you? By combining home and auto policies, you may be eligible to receive money-saving discounts, a guaranteed full-year policy term for your car, On Your Side® insurance protection, 24-hour Customer and Claim service, and more.
Give us a click or call at 952-445-5767 to learn more today.