Homeowner’s Insurance… Some Things To Consider
A Homeowner’s Insurance Update
Most people only think about their homeowner’s insurance once a year when the policy renews, or if they have a claim. With winter weather approaching, we hope that you will take time to review your home insurance. Harsh winter weather brings wind, rain, and the risk of a major weather event causing damage to your home. If your home is damaged, the insurance company will require documentation in order for you to fully recover your loss. We want you to receive the greatest amount of coverage possible under the policy.
- Have us complete a review of your homeowner’s insurance. We can identify gaps in coverage.
- Develop a home inventory. A complete home inventory benefits homeowners and insurers by supplying both parties with the tools to make better, more informed insurance decisions.
- Keep your home inventory away from your home; store it in the “cloud” or with a family member.
- Store your homeowner’s policy in a safe place, where it won’t get damaged.
- Keep your important family documents in a locked fireproof box.
- Take a video of your home, inside and out, including all your personal property.
- Once damage occurs, use the video to confirm damage.
- You have the right to hire a contractor to make emergency repairs to prevent further damage.
Understand that under a standard homeowner’s policy, you are not covered for things like floods or earthquakes. These are items for which you must purchase separate coverage.
At Innovative Insurance we believe our greatest asset is the relationships we build with our clients and we are dedicated to being the right choice for all of your insurance and financial needs. We take pride in our ability to tailor a comprehensive insurance package that maximizes your insurance protection while minimizing money out of your pocket.