What To Do When Your Business Gets Sued
How To Prepare For A Deposition
Hopefully, you or your business will never be involved in litigation. But if you are sued, your business insurance will offer defense if the claim is covered under your business insurance policy. Your business insurance carrier will become involved with defending you in court, and part of that process includes depositions.
The deposition process will include the individuals involved in the litigation. This is where both sides interview the parties to get facts about the circumstances that cased the claims or loss. A deposition is a question-and-answer session that takes place in an attorney’s office. Usually present are the attorneys for the parties, the parties themselves, and a court reporter. It will be important to think about the following items as you plan for possible litigation.
Here are some things to thing about
- Always be represented with legal counsel.
- Do not be afraid to stop and ask your attorney questions.
- You will be under oath, so tell the truth.
- If you do not know the answers say so.
- Answer only the question, do no tell a story.
- Do not guess.
- If you need time to think about your answer, that is ok.
- Never guess in response to a question!
- Only answer the questions that are asked.
Innovative Insurance Services LLC understands the value of good employees. We know that your day-to-day operations depend on their hard work, expertise, and dedication, and if you supply them with quality benefits and plans, they can work with the peace of mind assurance that they are properly protected.